Naturally Me Ashley’s Hair Regimen Top 10 Neccessities
I’ve been asked many times what my hair regimen is and what do I use. So tonight I was looking on my bathroom counter and decided to share my must have items.
- Coconut oil: great moisturizer, I usually mix it with my Knot Today to keep my hair from drying out.
- Water bottle with conditioner: great for refreshing my hair, misting before twisting at night and dampening hair for styling (any conditioner mixed with water will do)
- Kinky Curly Knot Today: my favorite leave in conditioner!! I run it through my hair while it’s damn and it brings my curls out. It also works well with KC’s Kinky Curly Custard also.
- Goody’s elastic bands: never leave home without them. I have some tucked in every purse or around my wrist at all times. Great to use since they won’t pull your hair and can be banded many times. The more you use, the more they stretch.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and large spray bottle: I love this shampoo and it makes my scalp and hair feel so clean. Having thick hair makes it hard to get to my scalp, so mixing the shampoo with water in the spray bottle helps me get the shampoo directly on my scalp so I can massage the shampoo in.
- Tangle Teezer and Denman Brush: both of these help me work my way through ALL of this hair section by section. I typically use the Denman brush more because it helps my curls come out more.
- Satin bonnet and scarf: I LITERALLY cannot sleep at night with out one of these on my head. Either protect your hair throughout the night and keep your hair from pulling.
Oldie but Goodie post of mine pertaining to my hair regimen.